At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Time

Time, how different it is perceived depending on circumstances. I have not been in Nebraska a week and it seems like a month. I was gone two months and it seemed like two weeks.

My goal this period is to actually get some of the overwhelming paperwork that resides in two walkin closets done. I have started by going through a couple of boxes of old photos each day. Pulling out trash items, culling photos I want and leaving the rest to be gone through by my sister.
I will get a shredder this weekend and start on the twenty + years of bills, etc.

The process of helping my daughter get her closet cleaned out while in San Antonio inspired me to do mine. There is a bag of clothes ready to go to Goodwill and a box of papers ready for shredding. So the month long five days I have been back has resulted in progress.


When I was having truck problems at the coast, I bit the bullet and called the ex S.O. It was interesting, to say the least. I received the help I needed on trying to pin point the mechanical problem on the truck and an invitation to lunch. It was nice. I did NOT go googly, which was the first thing my daughter asked, (Lord knows, she should have known better) and we parted on pleasant terms.

My daughter called last night and we talked until midnight. I paid for it this morning and I am sure she did too. She would be up by 4:30 getting hubby off to work whereas I did not get up until much later. Of course, he is working 7/10's this week. That has to be sooo tough.
Anyway, she said she is keeping things up in the house and that her closet was still in wonderful shape but they sure missed my cooking. Ha!

Her daughter wrote an essay for a contest titled "My Hero" and for a nine year old, really good. The final sentence was that her HERo was her Mom.