At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Entertainment

On my way to the garage to mow on Thursday, I passed a branch on the ground next to the garage. On it was perched a really young robin. Did not budge as I walked by. Sort of in the young stupid stage and mom was no where around. Got the mower out and proceeded to get it on. Periodically would be in a position to see the branch....and the baby bird still perched there.

After an hour into the job, I noticed the local bird and rabbit nemesis, the dreaded gray and white feline terror of 2nd street, slinking along, belly dragging, ears back and headed for the garage. My yells of scat...you shit..only caught his/her attention for a moment. Back towards the deed at hand. Well, as fast as you can say "run for your life"..I had the deck raised, the blade disengaged and the mower in 4th gear and it was high noon between me and the cat..that ol' mower can move...around the west side of the garage, over the driveway and a stop and stare down with said cat...he headed off to the south, so did I..then he disappeared..Fearless Fosdick saves the day, uh, bird and then mowed a whole round chuckling, until I realized I forgot to engage the blade..oh well, the baby was saved..

Nice and cool today. Have sourdough starter ready to use and a thawed Cornish Game hen to go in a black pot.

Got a few things at an auction yesterday but when I came back and went over them found more damage than noted before. Either I need NEW glasses (yes) AND need to triple check things.