At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Rough Adjustment

Life back in Nebraska is still tough. To keep from worrying about the baby truck on the trip back, I attempted to "adjust" to my situation with not much luck. The good things are:

1. Mom has learned to do more for herself while in Friend Care
2. I think she like some aspects of being around others

But I do have a tough wake up call as of Wed. My 24 year old Granddaughter may have cancer. Nothing for sure yet but something serious is wrong. Please think good thoughts for her.

My goals in Texas were at least partially met. I made it to the party and got to see several friends that I had not seen in a long while. So anything else above and beyond that was pure gravy!

Also was invited and went on a couple of scooter rides with the ex s.o.

I am now in the market for a new truck. Wish I could have found something before the trip back but maybe after the first of the year. I did willing walk into a dealership and talk to a salesman but it was easy this time as I knew they did NOT have what I wanted.

Found out about a wall paper called illusions that should be easy (I hope) to use and will try a roll to do one wall in the bedroom I am presently in. Will let you know how it turns out. It is a little pricey but suppose to look like old stuff.

The Nemo pastel I did for the little one was a hit I think. She is better towards me but later said she wanted me to leave as I made her "nervous". What she parrots to people is what her big sister says to her. Some of it funny.