At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Two Things that Happened From Being a Mom

I had five children in seven years...I know..stupid..(but they were all non-refundable, I swear)..Because of that fact, I started eating fast. The desire to finish a meal without jumping up was an all encompassing desire. It was one that certainly wasn't realized many, many times, but I kept practicing. The problem is after they survivedgrew up, my eating speed did not change. I whip through a meal with Mom in record time and ready to get back to my computer, book or TV. Of course, not wanting to be here doesn't help that little scenario, either.

I have read lots of books over the years (but don't ask what the plot was in any of them). One time I decided to read three books at a time. One in the bathroom, naturally, one by the sofa and one on the night stand and the rule was, you could not move them from there designated area. Well, I found out that you will go potty, nap? or sit down just to keep a good story going.

My other fond memory of being a Mom was the times I would lock my self in the bathroom, draw a bubble bath and have a very large, ice cold martini. Darn, there's only a shower here. "sigh"