At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Saturday, March 05, 2005

False Spring

The squirrels have been gamboling in the back forty. I have spied a couple of robins this past week. Certainly signs of spring in the offing. I need to be in Texas planting my chilipin seeds with my granddaughter. Gardening shows on the tube....spring fever reigns!!

Hopefully will finish up tests next week and I will be able to get on the road.

My nephew and his wife are coming out tomorrow. Right now I even feel like making something "good" in a dutch oven. Progress!!

P.S. Chilipin Peppers

The name of the creek comes from chilipitín (early variant chiltapin, from Mexican Spanish chiltipiquín), which denotes the small, wild red peppers that grow abundantly in the area (called bird pepper elsewhere).
The creek they are discussing is about 40 miles from where I use to live. There are several names for this pepper.