At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Another Auction Day

But I don't know if I will make it. Still some residual balance problems from the vertigo.

The Big Red football game will be televised this afternoon so may sit with Mom and watch it. Was not able to get the Baby Truck to the mechanic yesterday and have that to look forward to, (like a sore thumb) this coming week.

Heard from one of my oldest friends last night that lives on the coast in Texas. She said she did not know if it was just wishful thinking or not, but felt that the hurricane season for the Gulf of Mexico was over. "As though all the energy had been sucked out of it" was the way she put it. Sure hope she is right. Also said with all the evacuees there, if one did come she would have to go to NC, her childhood home, as there was no room anywhere in the interior.

The Dakota Flour Mill corrected their error in my order. Received the 25 lbs of flour yesterday. When I emailed them back, told them to charge me for the second bag of flour but I did not want to pay the shipping again. The reply "oh, no, our mistake, there wlill be no charge at all". Certainly the way to do business.