At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A Beginning

Bought the shredder and have made a start. The only thing about these "home" shredders is they state a run of only five to seven minutes per day. I can probably keep to that most days but will need to find some oil for the cutters. With this being the last nice day weatherwise for a while, should be able to get a bunch done.

Mom completely back on the keeping track of what I am doing. I must watch my stress though.
I received word last Friday my friend in MS who lost their house in Katrina has died. This was a couple I have known since the early '70s. I believe the stress of losing everything, all the fighting with the insurance companies, compromised his immune system. He got sick mid January. It took several days to diganose cancer that had spread and he was gone in less than a month. They had already purchased another house and were getting settled in.

Stocked enough groceries to get by until the next "nice" day. At least I hope I have enough. I keep hanging on to the hope that spring is NOT that far away.