At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Long Haul

If winter goes as slow as the past week, it will be a really long haul.

I finally spoke with a guy who "might" know what the problem is with what I want to get in the way of a different vechicle. I guess it just isn't feasible. sigh
To get the engine I want next year will have to wait until the 3rd quarter. I think what that means is the manufacturing plant tools for specifics and the 4.8L is due to start then. They probably only tool for a couple of different engines at a time. Do I wait? Sixty four dollars question.

A more current problem is the computer. Fewer and fewer sites that I can get on due to my old IE. It has not been supported for 2 - 3 years. I checked into the upgrade and for the $$ I would need to spend, would almost rather put it into a new computer. Thought I had myself talked into a lap top but to go down from a 15 inch screen to a 13 inch just doesn't appeal. I can go larger (a MacPro) but then the money...sigh.

My next project here will be a wall papering job in the room I inhabit most of the day. It is suppose to resemble the faux paint finishes without the work. We'll see. I am taking my daughters word on this that it looks really cool.

Have a 5 lb box of French Roast coffee beans due to be delivered today. The wall paper tomorrow and the Clapton/Cable CD next week.

Going to try to set up a Home Health Aid for a few hours on Sat. so I can attend an auction in relative peace. Will see if it can be done.

Have not talked to my nephew to see if anything is going on for Turkey Day. Would really like to get Mom out for a change. Took the Buick out for a run yesterday and it did just fine so she would have a comfortable ride. Guess I will check with them by this weekend.