At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Friday, February 11, 2005

Spring Shopping in The Air

A while back I made a decision I hope to adhere to. All clothing, shoes, boots, purses and other accessories would not be purchased unless they were of durable quality. The caveat was I must love it three times (a friend taught me that one) and it should be leaning towards a timeless style. Although, there is a part of me that insists you must kick up your heels and have fun with clothes once in a while
.
I don’t know about anyone else but I have had items literally fall apart that were purchased from name department stores and actually were last seasons items with the thread giving away after a couple of washings.

So far my marks are fair. Found a name brand wallet that pleased me and it is holding up. The purse I am using was purchased two or three years ago and it is doing well. I also found a basic black dress in the “roll it up and stuff it in the suitcase” fabric that is doing great. All these items were on sale.

But I discovered there are a couple of items I might rethink about buying inexpensively (read that cheap). One is tee shirts. Wearing them while cooking in my dutch ovens can lead to some wonderful stains. Actually, some could be used in a Rorschach test. Working on the Baby Truck, same scenario. So, I will continue to go for quantity instead of quality and try to preserve a couple of “cute” ones for forays into town.

The other item is sandals. I just like ‘em. More than one pair have been ruined by being caught out in rainstorms, mud after rainstorms, etc. or plodding through a weed patch at a swap meet. So if they fit fine and are not big bucks, will continue to match them to the tee shirts and/or shorts.

Sandals and tee shirts, I must be dreaming about Texas again!