At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Saturday, February 05, 2005

One Thing

about living in a small town is you do not turn invisible quite so fast. I have been "invisible" for a long time. Of course, most of my women friends are15 to 20 years younger and when we would be out and about, I might as well have stayed home as far as being acknowledged.

Now, just need to find a guy that much younger, but that is another story.

I do not want to scare anyone but it is a fact that as women age, no one really "sees" them anymore unless you are a "hottie" like Tina Turner, a well recognized face, or dress so bizarrely that they just have to stare.

I am digressing here. The point being in a small town people do look and once in a great while make eye contact. Of course the reason is, who the heck is that????? is what they are thinking but at least you feel someone noticed you were using oxygen.

BTW, the martini was fair and they were advertsing a slew of "martooni drinks". (an inside Blogger joke)