At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

What's Love got to Do With It?

I was visiting with a friend from Dallas last night. We had not talked in a couple of weeks. She is being pressured by her BF to live together and, in fact, he tried to plan a surpise trip to Las Vegas over Valentines to tie the knot. She not only has "cold feet" she is draggin' the heck out of 'em. She continues to bring up the age difference. He is five years younger. I don't buy that as a reason, more an excuse. But I am sure, somewhere, there is a real reason she is hesitant.

My first reaction is when your gut puts you in doubt about a decision, listen to it.

Secondly, she nows say she loves him (new) but is not "in" love with him. Well, I am not sure just what that means. Is that like, I love my pets, but I am not in love with them?

A number of years ago I finally decided the litmus test for me would be when I put soneone elses well being and survival right up next to my own, it just might be love. Guess I just didn't get it returned.

I believe my order from Dick Blick is due to arrive today. I made a quick trip to Lincoln yesterday and did find a portable clip board to work on and it was on sale for $10. So, I'm ready. Bring it on.