At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Character Flaws

The crocheting project is moving right along. My goal is to have it finished before I take another trip South. I figured out how many rows per week I would need to do for that event to transpire and it certainly seems "doable". When I first started I found the directions harder than I thought it would be to follow. In fact, within the first couple of rows I did tear out stitches for quite a ways back and redo. Now, the rule is, unless it is a short ways back, it becomes a "charater flaw" in the piece, making it uniquely mine. The afghan only a mother could love.

Over the years I have found that one has to be in a certain mood to sit down and price garage sale items. Yesterday, I was in that mood. Last week I had picked up colored stickies and this week had purchased the string tags. Yesterday was the day. I started with a few items needing string tags. Then, sticky tag time. What???? no sticky tags....but I saw them right here just this morning. I moved things, looked every where. No tags to be found. Well, I know how to solve that problem, go buy new tags, then they will show up (but will I be in the mood to tag things?). Trotted off to the local drugstore. Bought the new tags. Sat down to start tagging and what was the first thing I saw, the old box of tags, right where they had fallen and I swear to you I looked there a million times yesterday. 'Bout ready to join Mom and just sit on the porch.

Now I have to either finish the tagging or at least move the boxes. Severe weather possible tonight and I want to put the Baby Truck in the garage. She got a tad bit of hail early this morning.


Comments always welcome.