At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Stopping By

It has been a long time since I have been here. Just could not get into doing this again. Will see if I can get it up and keep it going.

After returning from Texas in July hit a long depression. I did go house sit for my nephew in Lincoln for a week around th 8 of August. That was a pretty good break. Took care of their animals while they had a vacation. They live on the outskirts of the city on a couple of acres. It had been part of a nursery so there are still neat plants, trees and wild life around. It is a deadend street with not too many other neighbors so pretty quiet to. One other nephew lives in Lincoln so I did invite him over and cooked cornish games hens in a black pot. It was really good. Then we met downtown and attended a Ribfest one afternoon. This year ate what the Aussies cooked up. It was pretty tasty but then, I have never met a rib I did not like!

While there I did go to some of the antique stores and that reinforced the "I still like the 'stuff' but don't want to be tied down running a shop full time" feeling. At least not now.

My projects have increased but I have not increased the time I put to them. They are:

Painting in Pastels
Crocheting (started an afghan)
Writing
Repair a possum-bellied bakers table

My son from OK City stopped in for an overnight stay. He and his girlfriend and one of her boys had been in Colorado. It was so nice to have company. Cooked alot in the Black Pots.
My favorite cousin and his new bride were out for a day in July also. They live in Ft. Collins, Co. Had a good time with him and his new wife is delightful!
Mom seems the most healthy now, since I have been here which is coming on a year and a half. Mentally, she seems to be declining. She did not recognize my son who took care of her right after she got out of the hospital and came up a couple of times. Then after some talk she said she did. Blamed me for not telling her his last name.
Actually I have plenty to do, it is just getting up every morning and doing something. Some days it is good and some days, not.