At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Tough

Miss Rita one tough gal spreading lots of damage in Tx and La. The horrible thought is the season is not over. I think they are watching another disturbance.

The fire On the Strand in Galveston unbelievable in all that rain!

On a different note, tried my first batch of coffee that came in via UPS yesterday. The driver said "must be coffee, I've been smelling it in the truck". Sure hope he liked the smell. The beans looked a little light for a French Roast but it tastes great this morning. The beans were nice and shiny, they had not been long out of the roaster. I tried a straight roast, not a blend. With the shipping charges included, it was still cheaper than what I usually get at Super Saver or Wally World. There it is $7.97 to $8.97 a pound. This worked out to about $5.02. (5 lb. bag, you can also get a 25 lb. bag) Of course, different types of coffee carry a different cost. Service was good. I placed the order on a Sunday, was notified it shipped on Monday and arrived on Friday. These folks are in NJ. I will use them again.

GOOD COFFEE

May make an auction run today. Need to check the weather here first. Looks like we may get some storms.