At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Camping

Left for the campground around 11:30 and met up with my nephew on the way. The park was quite nice. Two springfed lakes and one man made lake. Lots of wild geese, fish in the lakes, large trees with lots of shade. Free showers were available and not too bad. Friday afternoon was hot. I simmered beer brats in beer then finished them off by grilling. Later that night the local police (they made their rounds quite often) stopped at several spaces and told about a storm with hail not too far to the west. It finally started to rain and we all piled into the van. The first break in the rain I said I was heading for my tent and they rain to theirs. Later on the rain came in buckets along with thunder and lightning then the wind. It was pretty exciting!

Was cooler on Sat. I did some dutch oven cooking, we also grilled steaks, had a fire, made s'mores. All in all, a pretty good weekend.