At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Cold Blast Day

The winds arrived around 4 a.m., the time I finally got to sleep. It will be a cold blustery day then some 50's for highs the next week.

The change in Mom's schedule isn't too bad now, and I can live with it. She goes to bed around 10:05 or so (right after the weather report) instead of 11, but now gets up at seven, give or take 5 to 10 minutes. It use to be eight or so. I set up her coffee pot at night. Coffee in the morning is another change, use to be green tea for breakfast and supper with coffee mid morning and at noon. Now, green tea only at supper time. Getting coffee every morning while in Friend Care is the reason. She likes coffee. What she drinks is, in reality, only colored water though. Wants it fairly weak.

My coffee beans arrived and earlier I said a French Roast. How quickly we forget. It is a Costa Rican Dark coffee. My friends had brought me back some when they vacationed there and it was really good so that is what my 5 lbs consists of. Also got a pound of Chocolate Rhaspberry. Not sure when I will try it.

Hopefully the paper delivery is now straight. Received both papers this a.m. I believe the one delivery boy had to be contacted by his manager. Of course, there is always the chance someone had been taking it.

What dull subjects. Here are some more.

I did subscribe to Cottage Living and sure dream about my own place again, one day. Some neat ideas that I will need to clip and save. One is the table top water garden. I think I would try some "floaters" first. They suggest Water Lettuce, Duckweed, Water Hyacinth and Sweet Flag to name a few.

Picked up dinner to go yesterday after getting my hair cut. It was offered in a bar next to the beauty shop. (small town for sure). Anyway, was turkey and dressing, (a real turkey, not a compressed turkey roll) potatoes and gravy, green beans, roll and a piece of pumpkin pie. Plenty for both of us and the cost, a flat $5.00. And there was even left overs. What a bargin!