At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Monday, November 05, 2007

Returned to Neb.

Had a great time on the trip. The Dutch Oven Gathering in La. was great and the cabin was fantastic! Had the best catfish I ever put in my mouth at a little restaurant in Ruston, LA. Was stuffed with a crawfish stuffing and a little sauce drizzled over the top. They also had a killer white chocolate bread pudding. Picked up some pottery at a studio there, also.

Got to see the DGD play volleyball and was able to help my daughter out with meals and grocery shopping for her.

Horse sat at the coast. That does get tiring as you are tied down and scooping poop not my idea of fun. LOL . All the animals are old (except one) and need meds and watching.

Got to take a Harley ride with the ex s.o. that was a surprise and lots of fun. Plus go to the Party at Off the Hook. Went on both Cushman rides, one around the back bay (Nueces) and one around the front bay (Corpus Christi) and was able to visit with old friends. Had some great food in Rockport at a new Italian place.

The down side. Throw out bearing in the clutch went so lost 4 days. It went out on a Friday afternoon, naturally. Did not get to go to Hunt to see a close friend because of the lost days.

Got Mom out of the manor and hate to say, she has really deteriorated, in my estimation. Screams for me now, which is a new development and about to drive me nuts. Back to yelling for me all night so not getting much rest. Hope it changes soon.