At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

skinny tree


skinny tree
Originally uploaded by sfinds2003
This is my skinny Christmas tree. Hope the granddaughters don't laugh
at it.

Mom is better the last few days. Seeing the tree and the presents I have put under it made her do some thinking. She said since she could not get out and buy gifts should she just write a check. I told her I would get gift cards and she could put cash in them. That seemed to satisfy her. I think getting to see her Great Granddaughters will be a good thing even if she doesn't know they are related. Of course, you never know what she might "know" in the moment.

The TV arrived and she says she still can barely see it but it sure is bigger and brighter than what she had before. Hopefully I will get to watch a few games on the "big" TV. As early as she goes to bed should not be a problem.

Shoveled snow this a.m. Got about 4 inches of powder. I am tired of it already. The cool rainy days of winter just north of San Antonio would suit me just fine.

Time to watch the latest DVD from Netlix.