At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Buzz Word This A.M.

and that word is - - detachment.

The attempt - - fair.

The goal - - keeping stress to a minimum.

Mom's other daughter is doing the cooking while here. Why, you ask, because I told her I was not cooking. She told her mother that she "might as well cook while here". Only if they want to eat. The dutch ovens are staying "packed away".
I did ask if she would come for a couple of weeks so I could have a "be gone, out of here, break" and the answer was no. Why does that not surprise me?

Truck is still in the shop. The brakes I had done 6 months ago are shot.They were not adjusted properly. I know I could learn to do a lot of this stuff myself but it is having the proper tools that is so costly!
Back some time ago s.o. did a lot of my mechanic work. Was always done really good (he did not do the brakes) and was cost effective.

I am out of coffee beans so the first thing I will do when I have wheels again is procure a bag full!