At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Life on the Farm

Received a call from the folks who are doing the farming as needed some input to what to do about storage as the current crop is probably the best ever, in the history of the farm. There are several reasons for this.

So I was invited to make some rounds on the "picker". What a change from days of old!. Air conditioned cab, 6 or 8 rows at a time, computer constantly giving moisture content, bushel per acre, and area covered. All on a downloadable chip for hard copies. Whew!!

When I returned to town, my "other"nephew was at Mom's. We had a nice visit. He seems to be more sociable than in the past. Mom, of course, wanting to know if I had been to the farm all that time.

This is my day to do the ribs. Am doing both spare and country style. I hope they come out as good as the ones I did about a month ago in Oklahoma City for my oldest's birthday.