At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Right the First Time

When I first had the intermittent "weird" noise (I know that's not a technical term, but since I can't vocalize it, it's the best I can do) in the Baby Truck I told the mechanic to check all the starter connections, etc. as I thought that was where the problem lay. Of course, it would not make that noise when he had it. Everything seemed O.K. according to him. The next thing I started on was the possibility it was the battery or the battery cables. Well, he did get by yesterday and guess what???? It is the starter! Would have been cheaper if it had been the battery! But, one is on order (out of Iowa)------yes, small town stuff again, nothing on the shelf ---so maybe I will have wheels again by the weekend. What a bummer.

The attorney I saw on Tuesday was very enlightening and helpful. It was a pleasant experience, much to my surprise and the almost hour consultation was at no cost. That was the real surprise.

Yesterday I piddled with some writing, will need to get cracking today.

I may have resolved a few of the gremlins on my computer by zapping the PRAM. We'll see.