At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Saturday, October 30, 2004

Another Week Slides By

Made a trip to Lincoln late yesterday afternoon. Of course Mom wanted me to give her a time I would be back. Couldn't and wouldn't, even if I knew as I did not want to be "on the clock with a curfew" so to speak. Did not know just what I was going to do.

Picked up a double pack of ink cartridges for the HP at Office Max. All the dutch oven recipes I've printed the last few months sure took their toil. Did find coffee beans but no expresso. Just finished the first cuppa and it does have a little extra kick.

Went to Culvers to look at the classic autos (one was going on in Corpus Christi and I use to go all the time with s.o.) and get a bite to eat. They gather there every Friday night if the weather is good and it was the last warm day, probably for the season. I wore my shirt with a Classic Riders logo and a large 55 Ford Crown Victoria on the back with Rockport, Texas. Do you think one, I repeat one, person would even ask about the group I belonged to? I did ask if they quit after last night due to weather and was told some would show up anytime it was nice. (so they can talk) In July they get about 200 cars and trucks. Last night there were about 20+. I grabbed a small Butter Burger and Malt, left after about an hour and a half. Stopped then and got a hair cut (that always makes one feel better as long as it is not butchered and mine wasn't) and drove the 40 miles back to Mom's.

Maybe tonight will go listen to a rock and roll band (classics) for a while.

Did get a little writing done yesterday plus a little more research.