At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Windy Sat.

The expected storm never materialized during the night. Did not want the storm part but could still use the rain. Wind is blowing up a bit right now.

I mowed the back forty last night to get it all done at the same length. I will need to do it again before I leave. The birds come in and have a feast as they can get to the bugs in the short grass.

There is an auction going on today so will slide by and see if there is anything to stay for. I sold both the pieces I got last time.

Gave Mom the news yesterday about my departure. Instead of say the usual, "I'm going to try and go south for a while" or "I'm going to Karen's" all I said was I'm going home for a couple of months." All she asked was when did I plan to leave. None of the usual button pushing stuff I normally get. I have my nephews lined up to come sometime each weekend, envelopes typed for a couple of bills, Meals on Wheels and she has her Lifeline button if she will just carry it around. Man, I am feeling a tug of freedom just writing about it!