At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Foiled Again

I was foiled from getting the mowing done as the mower tire was low again. Drove to Seward yesterday to get an air bubble. I did check at the local store and they would have to order it. Now that it is sitting in the garage, I have to attach the air hose and pressure gage plus haul it somewhere and get it filled. At least something to do. May use some "gunk" to put in the mower tires, fill them and then mow right away and hope it seals the leak. The weather may preclude getting any mowing done so not in a hurry. There is a fifty percent chance of rain.

I use to do flowers for Mother's day but Mom has such a sweet tooth, will do candy instead. Problem is, what I have has some with nuts in them and that is hard on her teeth. Could not locate a box with soft centers only.

Speaking of foil, in the dutch oven community it raises such a controversy when brought into a conversation. There are those who are "for it" and those "against it" and most are passionate about their position. Personally, I use it once in a while. I find that when I am cooking in a group I get my clean-up done as quickly as possible and get on the road. Most others still visit and take their time. I must try to change that old habit and socialize more, if I get a chance to cook while I am in Texas.