At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Sunday, April 10, 2005

A Touch of Real Life

There was a local auction yesterday, so I had some entertainment. Did pick up a couple of jadite bowls, one was a three toed jelly bowl and the other, I believe, is a Fire King 1700 cereal bowl. I wish I had my books here. I did bring about half a dozen (and one was my jadite book) but sure do miss them. Met a delightful fellow who is into turning "junk" furniture into art.

Since I was on a roll about being out of the house, went to the Country Club for a martini and a prime rib dinner. My first (drink) since being sans Mr. Gall Bladder. It tasted wonderful and so did the meal. I had asked Mom to go but she declined.

There are still saying rain and/or thunder storms for us but so far, we are dry.

Received some words of encouragement from my friend who lives in the Texas Hill Country. She said after the garage (that looks like a house) is finished, her BF and his Dad would be ready to build me a cottage. That would be really cool!. Now, to go land hunting up there..Maybe just a dream, but who knows which dream might come true.