At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

The Stroll

Mood: Better than Yesterday
Energy: 6
Went on a quick stroll around the Back 40 yesterday and discovered the peony beds have many little ones poking their heads up. I surely hope we do not have a late blizzard or such to snuff them out.
A honeysuckle type shrub is starting to show signs of life. This was a row of shrubs I helped my Dad plant years ago when I was here on a visit. He had been in a slight dispute with the hospital maintenance people next door. They insisted on driving their equipment through the folk's property all the time and would not honor his request that they cease running over his grass. Hence, a living barrier that did two jobs. Kept the cretins out and smelled good in the spring.
I also found a blooming weed, no, make that wildflower that I meant to look up. It is bright blue and is in the shape of a star. I suppose it is called starflower but will see if I can find it on a Google search.

I must thank Teresa for the idea of adding my daily personal barometer.