At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Mid-Week

No mood or energy level today. Do I hear clapping????

I do have to confess some of my to do list items were small and not time consuming (but my procrastination factor has been really, really high) and I had a total of 17...and marked off 14 by the end of the day. Bells and whistles for me!!!

It seems Blogger.com has an issue of sorts if I have HTML in my posts. Not all the time, mind you, but most of the time. It will end up sticking my blog in the draft area instead of posting. It may be my imagination but that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Drove out to the cemetery yesterday to check on Dad’s gravesite. All the displays were gone. Now, in being kind, I believe the caretaker gets rid of the non permanent ones so mowing can be done in a timely manner. The folks did not have a permenent urn on the grave marker because they felt neither my folks’s other daughter or I would be around to place flowers at their site and that is more than likely true. Since I am considering leaving mid May I am trying to figure out how to put something there to last through Memorial Day. Went to the local florist and hopefully we can work a bottom heavy arrangement that won’t blow over in twenty mile an hour winds.

For myself, I am leaning towards cremation. As scattered as my kids are, I would be in the same boat as the folks. My SonInLaw goes to visit his Dad’s grave several times during the year. I just don’t see my kiddoes doing that for me. I am trying to get across to them I would prefer interactive time NOW, while I’m still kicking around.
Scatter my ashes in the Gulf of Mexico. I always loved being on the water.