At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Sunny Saturday

Mood: Fair to Medium
Energy 7

I had been wanting some good Chinese food since long before my side trips to the hospital so looked for a Chinese restaurant while in Lincoln. Found a typical one with a buffet for lunch and carefully watched what and how much I put on my plate. While paying the check I asked the cashier (male) if there was a place in Lincoln I could get Peking Duck.

"Peking Duck?" (I was having a hard time understanding some of what he said, but that I got.
"yes"
"Ah, yes, where they slice the breast?"
"yes"
"Ah, and they have little pancakes?"
"yes,"
"Ah, and slices cucumber?"
"yes"
"Ah, and slivers of green onion with plum sauce on the side?"
"YES" I am really getting excited now!
"Naw, no place in Lincoln you get Peking Duck."