At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Fade Out

of September is moving fast. The weather shows some pretty cool mornings coming up and no furnace. Not a problem for me, but will be for Mom. I picked up a pair of fleece sweat pants, long sleeved top and some Med Ped socks for her on Saturday. She will get through it, but will be cold for her, I know. That is the one thing about S. Texas for the elderly. If you do lose your heat, more than likely you will NOT freeze to death.

Today will make a pot pie topped with Angel Biscuits and probably make some Apple puffs, all in dutch ovens.

I have been reading about the post trauma recactions that people are experiencing due to the events of the last month along the Gulf Coast. I know how I felt on the elective move to help out Mom. And still do, but not like it was the first 6 months. I can't imagine how this must feel for them.

Finally put pastel to paper and almost completed the redfish (this one is more blue) that my son wanted. Some last touches to be done but I am ready to move on to something else! It looks pretty amateurish, but hey, that's what I am.