At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Thunder

and lightning at 4:30 a.m. Just a sprinkle of rain but looks like it might start again. Smells grand. While looking out the window noticed the truck door wasn't shut firmly so took care of that. Wondered if anyone was out and about. I go out in whatever I am wearing, sometimes not a whole lot. This small town "we have our eye on you" mindset gets to me after a while. I suppose the only good thing is if you needed a hand, they would be there for you. Well, maybe not me, being the "outsider" as such.

I have my coffee pot set up on the back porch. It is an enclosed porch with lots of windows. One that is always slide open a little. It is right below my window. I use to wake up when the grinder would turn on but guess my hearing is really going down the drain as I don't hear it any more, but the smell of fresh coffee still permeates the fog and wakes me up. What kind of a life is this, when the best part of the day is smelling coffee?