At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Under 40 degrees

this morning. I know Mom has been cold from yesterday evening and yet today but she bundled up and has a literal ton of covers on her bed so she will do OK.

I did go to an auction yesterday afternoon late, the north wind was blowing and it was outside. Yep, you guessed it, the little old lady with the very deep pockets was there. I have been told her house is like a museum. The auctions were very slow this summer. Now, there are so many trying to get done before the weather gets bad they have them in the middle of the week! Feast or famine, for sure. Did visit with an inactive dealer from "back East" who lives here most of the time. He purchased an old building in a very small town and will be opening a shop next spring.

I did get a call back from the heating/furnace people. The boiler did arrive in KC yesterday and they promised him they would get it shipped out yet yesterday. So it should arrive in Milford today and supposedly they will get it installed tomorrow. What I wonder is, I had been told it would take a day and a half for installation. The weekend is to be warm so I am not worried about Mom being too cold. I checked the thermostat while getting coffee ealier and it showed 68 degrees. Not too bad for being about 38 outside. I will fire up the oven and bake some bread this morning. At least warm up the kitchen for her.