At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The Expense

of glucose monitering is something else. The meters may be reasonable but the strips are not. I read recently where they were lowering the acceptable range for diabetes. It does make me wonder about how much business plays a part in all our "health" information. How many years did the poor egg get a bad rap? Then butter? Now, their so called healthy substitute is soooo bad. I know lifestyle has a tremendous amout to do with our health. Dad was a meat and potatoes kind of guy all his life and died at 98. Mom is sailing along, going on 93. She take no medications. Neither did Dad even though he had cancer and it was operated on successfully. No chemo or radiation needed.

Somehow I don't think I will make those kind of years but at least have the genetic possibility.