At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Friday, October 28, 2005

Clear, chilly

and the window is open, even though it is in the 30's. I had to call the boiler people one more time and think they will have to replace one of the controller parts, again! If I am going to try and be gone for a while this winter, that boiler has to be dependable!

Had some interest in a few items I threw up against the eBay wall. It is always a surprise. What you think might sell and what actually does sometimes are worlds apart.

Sent some cards to DD in San Antonio via priority mail. The end of Oct. through 12 Nov. a big time at their house. DSIL, DGD birthdays and their anniversary on Oct. 24th, 25th and 26th, Nov. 12 the other DGD's birthday.

Just saw in the local weekly newspaper that the Haunted House in the old Opera House is not allowed. Fire Marshall said without a sprinkler system in place, wasn't going to happen. To bad they didn't go that route first before people put so much time and effort in it.

Need to get a roast on for dinner today. Then there should be left overs so I won't get the "oh brother" remark when I tell Mom I will be gone for most of the day tomorrow and she has to fix her own meals.