At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Friday, December 30, 2005

Checking In

I am finally up in the Texas Hill Country, having an early morning cup of wonderful coffee.
Naturally, the trip did NOT go as planned. My SIL had sinus surgery so was at home. For some strange reason, he decided not to take it easy and they painted the girls' bedroom and had new floors laid, and he is a perfectionist, need I say more? So I have been busy, babysitting, cooking and trying to keep quiet, (and that was the hard part) and out of the way.
My friends here just left for the airport in San Antonio and their trip to Costa Rica. I am looking forward to just vegging for a while.
I hope all had a good Christmas and a safe and happy New Year!
The highlight of the last week was going to the Alamo Bowl with my daughter and Nebraska winning. Was pretty neat as we had not done anything together for a long time!