At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

I'm In A

Rat's Ass mode...as in not giving a Rats Ass about much.

The death of my friend in Mississippi has really hit home. Stress must be managed and as we all know, it is hard to do. Consequently, in the scheme of things I have found going into the RA mode can be helpful. At This Point in Time it is applying to friends, family and strangers.

I have definately made some adjustments in being here that are helping get me through this trying time.
The most recent thing that I even surprsied myself in was a DIL going completely off, on me, via telephone and email. I handled it very well, as in staying detached with no sense of wanting to influence the outcome. I was aware that she has serious health issues, her marriage has been in trouble for a long time and her mother has been fighting cancer so realized, there was projection going on and I was it. But the upshot was, my power to stay detached remained strong. A new thing for me.

The other thing I realized is how much we don't take ownership of our choices. The first thing I knew when I got here was, "boy, you sure made a wrong decision" and certainly not anyone else was to blame. Early on in this blog I know I mentioned I would never make a fast decision again, unless it involved jumping out of the way of a speeding car.