At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Baby Is

back home and sorta "fixed". The Mechanic was sent the wrong part twice, the last time by Chrysler. Ye Gads, the idiots don't even know their own parts. Makes you want to get up on a tree stump and really vent! He finally made a salvage yard run and put together a controller that works. He also said there was no relay. I am not sure I believe that. In fact, I do NOT believe that but have always thought he was a pretty smart guy and honest. It will be into the Haynes when I get to OK City next week. I guess I need to go to a basic mechanic's class so I can do some of this stuff myself. sigh

I guess the only super smart mechanic I know is my ex s.o. A long, long time ago I talked to him about Mom's Buick and the need for alingment. His remark was, before you go to that expense, make sure the belts in the tire or tires have not separated. Well folks, I just had two tires put on because the belt HAD separated. And now, no extreme pull to the right. And he was the one to put me on the right track to finding out what was wrong when I had to get the truck towed while in Texas.
God, I miss a good mechanic..sigh