At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Monday, November 20, 2006

I am

a little grumpy today! Ha...I am sure there is a better word but anyway, received an email of a Thanksgiving DOG going on in my old haunt on the Texas coast. Man, miss all the good stuff.

The other thing that puts me in a foul mood is this scenario: at the end of dinner Mom was pulling her usual remarks about being finished with eating etc. as tho I am a child, cleaning the kitchen for the first time and have to be told there are more dishes to be put in the dishwasher. Now, she must be pushing my buttons for all she's worth as we have had a discussion about this several times before AND the other thing she does is SLAM her coffee cup down so I am sure to notice she is done with that also. So, today, when she started I just left the kitchen until she was finished with her dessert and coffee. I was in a position to see what she did...well, no surprise, when she finished her coffee, just sat it down as quietly as possible. At some point, I use to think I was imagining that she did this crap on purpose. Well, no more..She damn well does!!