At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Friday, December 01, 2006

May Not

be able to make it back here. Had problems signing in and they are pushing to use the new version but with the problems I am having with the computer, don't think I can use it.

I am planning on upgrading to a new computer after the 1st of the year. Just too many limitations on this one and not being very computer literate do not want to try. When I had this one in the shop last year my 128 mb RAM chip had failed. I had that installed right when I got this computer. My old iMac 350 went on the fritz and the authorized repair shop in Corpus Christi could not get it fixed. It was finally sent to Apple and their engineer/techs. They could not fix it either. They finally reluctantly agreed to replace it. (I had gone without a 'puter for 90 days and tax time was coming up) By then the 400's were out and that is what they replaced it with. So I upgraded the RAM right away. I may have had it in the shop once before until last summer. I had downloaded the firmware update I needed before switching to OSX. Once I downloaded it, the computer wouldn't run. I was told it was the RAM chip so had it replaced. By then, the CD/DVD drive was hardly working. Get a CD in and it would not eject. I finally could force it but you could barely see the edge and had to use tweezers to get it out. So, next step was trying to find an external CD/DVD drive. I finally located one after much searching only to find the minimum speed was 450..mine was 400. I am sure there is something out there I can use but with the new technology and Apple going to the Intel Dual Core machines, I think it is time.

I also have problems with Java and Cookies and as I have mentioned before, no support for IE. I do have Netscape 7 but even it has problems at time. I cannot go to Firefox or Safari since I can't upgrade my OS!