At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Friday, December 31, 2004

Another Lesson Learned - I Hope

Just did not feel like blogging for a couple of days. Went to start the Baby Truck Wed. afternoon and it would not start. Finally turned over for a minute, sounded terrible. Called the mechanic and he was just swamped. He said he would call when he could get to me. I went out later and tried again. Nothing. Lifted the hood and was just aghast! Evidently had left the cover off when I had added oil prior to my trip south. It was still perched on the air filter cover. Needless to say, figured I was sunk. (My language was really bad at that point.) Added oil and prayed a lot. Did not want to hear any bad news (the old bury your head in the sand syndrom) and waited for him to get back to me. He did not call me Thursday either.

This morning he called with an apology. Had misplaced my note and when a client with a similar name called he contritely apologized. She said it wasn't her that had called him. A light went off and he called me. Well, he was coming by so I went out and tried to start it and it did start. Called and told him, he came by anyway. So far, it is running.

I promise you, I will double check EVERYTHING I do to her in the future.

Oh, yes, I felt that after the inital shock, let the stressful feelings flow by whenever they reared their heads. But still did not want to blog.