At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all.

Windy and cool right now but the wind is from the south, thank goodness. I am doing a roast chicken and dressing in a dutch oven today. I placed butter with garlic under the skin of the chicken last night so that should smell wonderful when it starts to cook. Since the garage door faces north, I sould be in great shape as the wind is predicted to be 10 to 15. Would not be fun if it were swirling leaves right into my fire bed.

Yesterday was the Bastrop scooter ride. It was always my favorite one. If wishes were scooters, I would've been on one in Bastrop. The State Meet will be held in Seguin the first part of June. Hope to get by and see some of my friends then.

I have been good about not baking any bread in my quest to lose and also keep some weight off but just could not resist ordering some bread flour from Dakota Maid Mill. Their flour is made from 100% hard wheat. I had it sent to my son in OK City. It may not be there while I am, but if it is, will start a sourdough starter. J's signifcant other is a bread baker. The flour is reasonable but of course shipping gets you a little, so I ordered the 25# bag of bread flour and a 5# of whole wheat, with shipping it comes to 75 cents a pound. If it is good as several people I know claim, it will be worh it. I will let you know.

DakotaMill