At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

A Quiet Weekend

I took a really nice day and spent it in Lincoln. Went to a tag sale first and did not find much. Took a chance on a set of bouillon cups made in England. Then spent some time in a Coop flea market that is really several cuts above what you would call flea market. They have lots of collectibles and the right price for resale on a lot of them. I picked up a couple more items there.
Then went for a late lunch at Panera's Breads. Yummy for sure. I did the french onion soup with a whole grain baguette. So satisfying for both mouth hunger and soul food.
Next on the list was a couple of hours spent at the bookstore. Could have done a lot of damage but only added to my collectibles reference books by one!
Ended up at my nephews and the three of use did burgers at the Back Yard. My burger was made with chicken, tho! The food was good and fast. The "other" bugers were made with Angus beef so will try one of those next time I am in that neighborhood.
Oh, yes, my licorice fix, sort of messed with my glucose testing. In the high normal range according to the book, over according to the latest by the doctors but hey, I know what did it.