At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Tough Stuff

I had not heard via phone or email from a friend on the Texas coast for over a week. Finally, called her husband's cell and what I had feared was true. She is in the hospital and has been there for a week. Pretty scary stuff and they are not sure yet just what all it is. Known for sure is two blood clots, one in her shoulder and one in her arm. The reason MAY be lymphoma with the enlarged nodes pressing on veins.

Then, another friend has lost a school pal. Husband went to the pasture as he did every evening after supper and upon his return, wife was dead of a heart attack on the kitchen floor.

There are a couple of more happenings like this the past week with either deaths or severe health problems among people I know. Damn, old age feels like treading through a mine field.

Minutia for today that is fun. Suppose to take delivery of an easel for my pastel piddling. Have a corner cleared out that gets good north light and the sun is shinning, no ice on the streets.

Let's all relax and have less stress in our lives. Ah, if I could only take my own advice.