At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Friday, April 14, 2006

An Advantage

to small town living (I know, I know, still don't like it) was getting the phone folks to finally re-do some lines. I was losing the ISP connection every few minutes when the wind would blow more than 10 mpr. They ran a new drop line from the pole at the house to a connection across the street. THEN, ran a new line from there back to their box about a half a block away and supposedly gave me a dedicated connection at that junction. The fellow who was suppose to be by sometime yesterday after this work was done to do a connection at the box on the side of the house did not show, though. Maybe today.

Staying online seems much easier now but the wind has not been whipping around. Time will tell.