At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

This and That

A nice breeze from the south this morning. Coffee is good as usual. I see the black and white scourge of the neighborhood returning back from his morning forage and hopefully the rabbits are still safe. Of course my plans are to put a couple of pepper plants and maybe a tomato plant in the old yard urns later this week so my thoughts may not be quite so kindly towards the bunny population in the future.

I hear Mom getting the papers in and putting the tea kettle on. I wonder if my days will ever be so scheduled. She pretty much runs by the clock. I remember when Dad finally retired from farming and she was lamenting her lack of being able to "retire". Still cooking, cleaning, shopping and gardening. She finally settled on getting rid of the alarm clock that had governed their lives all those years. She said she might not be able to retire but would start her day "whenever". I think we all take victories where ever we can.