At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

The PJ Caper

Well, not really a caper but it sounds good.

I have a love/hate relationship with nightwear. I usually just say P.J.s or if I am really maudlin, Nap-Nap's from when the kids were little. As in, time to put your Nap-Naps on. I found the hate relationship early on and since the time when I could buy my own, the hate part has been gone. But it was hate when as a child I had to wear flannel nightgowns. Now, I know it was cold as hades (what an oxymoron that is) in the old farm house we lived in as a kid, but those damn gowns would twist around creating a hot spot around your waist while the rest of you froze.

I have gone from the frilly teddies, back in the days when there was a s.o. in my life to strictly comfort and mood. Comfort now can be a loose tank top with a pair of men's boxers (which are cheaper than the boxer style for women) to baggy T-shirts with equally baggy, well washed, soft athletic pants. Once again the male version that Puritan use to make. Have not found any for quite a while. Then the ever comfy scrubs. Think I have at least three pair.

The few times I want to check in with self, as in "self, are ya still sexy?" I choose a crop top over silk bottoms. Now to find a neat fella to appreciate all of this. Oh, well, such is life.