At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Sound of Thunder

came scooting in the open window this morning. It is not the first thunder for this year but the first Spring thunder. Checked the radar and looks as though the biggest part of the storm is to the south of here so hopefully will not have to shut the computer down.

On one of my Dutch Oven groups they were listing the most hated veggie and I never add to the list. There are some I am not particularly fond of but none that I truly hate. The number one meal that I recall as a kid was the first fried chicken meal of the year. It was called Spring chicken as they were barely big enough to use, but, oh so tender. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, homemade bread and strawberries with cream. All of it raised or produced on the farm. Good eats!