At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

An Auction

is being held uptown today. At last, something to do! I have a couple of books to return to the library and they are open on Sat. mornings. yeah

Conditions are right with the wet snow that is on the ground for some morning fog. It is hovering about tree top level. The trees had already lost the snow that was caught in their branches but the moisture last night gave them all frosty limbs. Really pretty.

Walked up town to get a couple of batteries (one for the pedometer, does that mean I will be walking for exercise again?) and stopped by the local florist. She was telling me she had five funerals in the last couple of weeks or less. At least yesterday was doing something fun. Tonight is prom night and she had lots of corsages to work on.

Got the results back from the blood work and a big WHOOPS! cholesterol was up 30 points from 2 years ago. I went online and dug a little. Found a site to plug in numbers and it came up with me having a 2% chance of having a heart attack in the next 10 years. So even with the high main number (239) still not too bad in the MOOA. (minefield of old age) I believe that the past two years of stress has contributed greatly to that increase.

Sometime this weekend will call my friend in Corpus. Sure hope they know what is going on with her and have a plan of action.