At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Life at the Coast

Cannot believe just how much it has rained here on the Texas coast. About 12 inches in the past 5 days. I know the mosquitoes will be around in droves.

Got a call from the ex s.o. (he is getting me some special oil that I finally ran out of in NE.) wondering if I would like to go to Refugio for an outdoor show last night. Said I might if I could get the horses up. Well, that never happened and I did call him back and say I wouldn't be able to go. Was rather looking forward to it but sometimes ones duties interfer.

My friends did get on the road yesterday at noon. They will fly out of Houston today for Boston and then rent a car and meet up with sister, sister-in-law and the families for their week at the beach in Maine. Sounds like fun, especially the LOBSTER part.

My plan when I leave here is to probably go to Hunt for the next week. I could go into all the rather yucky family stuff in San Antonio but it makes for too long of a story.
One more problem with the Baby Truck. I did get the inspection sticker and right in the middle of driving in town during some rain was the windshield wiper motor quit. So have that to get fixed. At least I have three other vehicles here I can use until I get it done.