At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Summer Hanging On

Several days of being in the 90's coming on. Hopefully summer's last hurrah! My personal preference would be for a nice loooong fall and a short, mild winter. Not asking for much!

My Gulfport friends will get back there today. They had some exterior pictures of their house. It seemed intact but with four foot of water having been inside, all walls will be ruined. Their son's place is fine and has electric and water so they will live in their motorhome there while putting their home back together, whatever that takes.

While cleaning out little parts of the garage, found 4 old sewing machine drawers. Looks like tiger oak veneer and the neatest brass handles. Will look for some Murphy's Soap to do some cleaning on them and figure out how I can use them down the road.
Right now I like the rustic style of decorating. Only wish I had a way to do it.

Over the last two weeks have had two strange dreams about Mom's other daughter. Wonder if she is coming for a visit. Was here for 3 days last Oct. Hmmmm, better get my Bug Out Bag ready.