At This Point in Time

Temporarily helping a parent. Miss my life.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Structure

I know Mom "knows" she has some mental decline. And for her age, going on 93, I think it is not too bad. She keeps to her routine and keeps notes about it. There is the calendar that she checks off what day of the month it is. If she is writing checks and is not sure, she goes to the daily newspaper to look. The diary she writes in every day is where she keeps track of the weather. Temp., humidity and wind (speed and direction). At night, wites down what time she goes to bed. Usually around 11..Gets up about 7:30. Makes her coffee at 10 in the a.m. The rest of the time, she drinks green tea. Reads 2 newspapers, takes at least two walks AND keeps tabs on what I am doing! So, over all not too bad. She did say when I was talking about it being rough here (no friends, nothing to do, etc. whine, whine) that this is small town life. The cord that binds me to this is not what you might think. It is a flat "someone has to do it and you are it". Walking away is not an option at this point in time.
But I wickedlydo not like it.

My other unanswered question for the last year and a half is thus: Where in the hell is Mom's other daughter?